Art Works Gallery, Sandpoint Idaho
NEW MEMBER APPLICATION
Sandpoint Art Works, Inc. (a.k.a. Art Works or Art Works Gallery) opened in February
1995 by a group of local artists to cooperatively display and sell our own work.
We are always anxious to review the work of new artists and here you will find the
requirements involved in becoming a working member of our co-op gallery.
Art Works is a highly respected and very successful gallery; therefore we have many
more artists wanting to become involved with us than we actually have room for. That
said, we view new submissions on a regular basis and, once your art has been accepted
and when an opening for the type of art you create becomes available, you will be invited
to become an exhibiting artist in our Gallery.
A panel of artists who are experienced in painting and contemporary crafts conducts the
Jury process. Interested applicants who have gone through the jury process will be
notified of the opening. Some of the guidelines for this are:
1. Work needs to be of original design
2. Professional quality of craftsmanship and presentation
3. Compatibility with other Art Works pieces
4. Artwork appropriate to the area
5. Sale ability of the product
6. Artists’ ability to supply adequate artwork in the gallery
7. Artists’ ability to contribute time and energy to the gallery
8. Due to past conflict, we cannot accept any blatant religious or politically oriented
There is a $20 jury fee, non-refundable, to be submitted with the artwork.
An artist wishing to submit to the jury process must provide five samples of work - no
photographs or slides will be juried. The samples must represent a range of work the
artist wishes to sell through Art Works. No other media will be accepted other than the
medium or media juried without approval of the Art Works jury.
Artists need to submit a resume, biography or any information that they feel will show
the quality of their work and experience. An artist statement will be welcome. There will
also be an interview so that the artist may address any questions or express any objectives
he/she may have.
1. The one-time membership fee for joining the cooperative as member is $1.00.
2. Membership Dues: Monthly dues are $45 and 20% of gross sales
3. Art Works is responsible for collecting and remitting the necessary sales tax.
4. Each member is responsible for running the gallery in a professional manner. A
member is expected to share the work days in a month with the other members.
5. Members pay a 10% commission to Art Works for any referrals by Art Works or
sales generated through customer contact with Art Works.
6. Hours are 10 to 5 pm, Monday through Saturday, Sunday 11 to 5 p.m.
7. Once you have been approved and invited to join Art Works Gallery, our display
coordinator will work with you regarding space allotment and display placement.
8. A complete Inventory must be submitted before your artwork will be displayed.
9. Title cards with prices on all wall art shall accompany your work. With copy
securely attached to back. Template is provided on office computer.
10. Each member contributes to the overall running of the Gallery by serving in one
of the several areas of responsibility. These jobs change annually; members
volunteer or are appointed, and the Board of Directors are voted into office.
Members have voting privileges in how the Gallery is run.
Please be patient during the jury process. The process can take two weeks. The public
will not see the artwork on jury during the jury process. Once the jury process is
complete, the appropriate committee will contact you. If not juried in we ask that you
please remove your art within two weeks of notification, after which it becomes the
property of Art Works.
We cannot be responsible for any damage or loss of artwork. Artists shall be responsible
for any costs incurred in the return of the artwork
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
If you are interested in joining Art Works, please contact us at (208) 263-2642 or by
email: email@example.com about your intent to join and leave your name,
phone number and/or email address. Our jury chairperson will contact you to schedule an
appointment, make arrangements for you to bring in your work and assist you in filling
out appropriate forms.
Thank you for your interest in joining our Gallery.
Please click on the link below to view a copy of our Membership Application.